Benicar is an oral tablet used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Benicar is a trade name of the Olmesartan medoxomil medicine which is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Benicar is an oral medicine that works by blocking the binding of angiotensin to inhibit the negative regulatory feedback on renin secretion to lower the blood pressure.
Scopes of Benicar
Benicar is useful for the treatment of hypertension.
Uses of Benicar Medicine
* Benicar reduces vasoconstriction.
* Benicar reduces the secretion of aldosterone.
* Benicar lowers the blood pressure by producing vasodilation.
* Benicar decrease peripheral resistance.
Precautions in case of taking Benicar medicine
* Not suitable in pregnancy period.
* Not suitable for patients with unilateral or bilateral renal artery stenosis.
* Primary aldosteronism and Afro-Caribbean patients should avoid this medicine.
Market names of Benicar medicine
* In USA Benicar
* In Europe and Canada Olmetec
* In India Golme
* In Egypt Erastapex